Law Library


This page includes forms to:

This page also has information about:

File a Complaint

If your complaint is about mask-wearing when seeking a service:

See Mask Wearing Complaints before you file. We encourage people to resolve these problems by talking to the service provider.

If your complaint is about vaccine requirements:

See Vaccine Requirement Complaints before you file.

If you believe your complaint is urgent:

You may apply for a fast-track process when you file your complaint.

The Tribunal acknowledges delay in its process. Delay affects all parties. You must tell us what makes your situation urgent. Read fast-track the process. Use Form 7.1 to apply.

There are two ways to file a complaint:

  1. Fill out and submit the complaint online from a computer or smart phone.
  2. Print a complaint form, fill it out, and send it to the Tribunal’s email or office address

Contact us if you want another option or if you want us to send you a complaint form. If you can’t use the online form and need another option, call the Tribunal at 604-775-2000 – press 3 and then press 1 to speak to a Registry Officer.

Before you file a complaint online:

Use Google Chrome. Do not use Safari.

Guest users will lose their work if the form is left for 30 minutes or more or if it takes more than 8 hours to complete. If you need more time to complete the form, use the Print version to avoid losing work.

Choose the type of form:

Form NumberForm NameForm Type
Form 1.1Complaint for an individualOnline and Print
Form 1.2Authorization to file for another person (* see below)Fillable and Print
Form 1.3Complaint for a group or class of peopleOnline and Print
Form 1.4Retaliation Complaint (** see below)Online and Print

* If you are filing a complaint for someone else, you must complete and file an Authorization – Form 1.2 and the relevant Form 1.1, 1.3 or 1.4, unless you are a lawyer or legal advocate.

** If your complaint is about retaliation because of your role in an inquiry by the Office of Human Rights Commissioner, use the paper form. The online form has not been updated yet.

See Who Can Help for who may be able to help you fill out your form.

Respond to a Complaint

Fillable Version (Form 2) – You can type in the form. Be sure to save your changes.

Print Version (Form 2) – You can print the form and fill in out by hand.      

Settle a Complaint

Settlement Meeting Availability

Agreement to Participate in Mediation

Change a Complaint or Complaint Response (Amend)

Amendment Form (Form 3)

Time Limit Applications

Withdraw a Complaint

Complaint Withdrawal (Form 6)

Apply to the Tribunal

Apply to the Tribunal to ask the Tribunal to make an order about a complaint already filed with the Tribunal. If you want to make a human rights complaint, see File a Complaint.

Complete an application form and send it to the Tribunal’s email or office address

If you are a new participant, also complete a Form 7.3 – New Participant Address for Delivery.

If you are applying for a non-party to give you documents, also complete a Form 7.4 – Order to Produce Documents Form.

Choose the form(s) to complete:

Form NumberForm NameWhen to use the formForm Type
Form 7.1General ApplicationUse to apply to the Tribunal about a complaint already filed with the Tribunal.Print
Form 7.2Dismissal ApplicationUse to apply to dismiss a complaint.
Note: You need to request permission first. See Form 7.5.
Form 7.3New Participant Address for DeliveryUse to give your address if you are a new participantPrint & Fillable
Form 7.4Order to Produce Documents FormUse with a Form 7.1 General Application when you apply for a non-party to give you documentsPrint & Fillable
Form 7.5Request to File Dismissal ApplicationUse to request permission to apply to dismiss a complaint.Print & Fillable

Obtain an Order for a Witness to Attend Hearing

Order to Attend Hearing (Form 8)

Disclose Documents

Provide a Witness List

Witness List (Form 9.3)

Exchange Information about Remedy

Request accommodation

How to submit a form

You can submit a form by email, fax, or sending it to the Tribunal’s offices.

If you attach documents to an email, please put them in one PDF attachment.

You can also file complaint forms and application forms online. See above for more information.

When to submit a form

You must submit the form by 4:30 pm on the day it is due.

What to do if you have a problem opening a form

You can use the online complaint forms on a computer or smart phone. The forms do not work with Explorer 8 or “Compatibility view”.

You can open the other forms on a computer. If you have a problem opening a PDF form:

  • download the latest version of Adobe Reader to your computer
  • follow these instructions to ensure your web browser is using Adobe Reader to open forms. 

Alternate formats

If you need another option, you can email or phone.

  • Phone: (604) 775-2000
  • Toll Free: 1-888-440-8844
  • TTY: (604) 775-2021



Rules of practice and procedure

Practice directions


Public hearings


Leading cases




Special programs



Information & guides