This page includes forms to:
- File a complaint
- Respond to a complaint
- Settle a Complaint
- Change a complaint or complaint response (Amend)
- Settle a complaint
- Time Limit Applications
- Withdraw a complaint
- Apply to the Tribunal
- Obtain an Order for a witness to attend a hearing
- Disclose documents
- Provide witness list
- Exchange information about remedy
- Request accommodation
This page also has information about:
- How to submit a form
- When to submit a form
- What to do if you have a problem opening a form
- Alternative formats
File a Complaint
There are two ways to file a complaint:
- Fill out and submit the complaint online from a computer or smart phone.
- Print a complaint form, fill it out, and send it to the Tribunal’s email or office address
Contact us if you want another option or if you want us to send you a complaint form. If you can’t use the online form and need another option, call the Tribunal at 604-775-2000 – press 3 and then press 1 to speak to a Registry Officer.
Choose the type of form:
|Form Number||Form Name||Form Type|
|Form 1.1||Complaint for an individual||Online and Print|
|Form 1.2||Authorization to file for another person (* see below)||Fillable and Print|
|Form 1.3||Complaint for a group or class of people||Online and Print|
|Form 1.4||Retaliation Complaint (** see below)||Online and Print|
* If you are filing a complaint for someone else, you must complete and file an Authorization – Form 1.2 and the relevant Form 1.1, 1.3 or 1.4, unless you are a lawyer or legal advocate.
** If your complaint is about retaliation because of your role in an inquiry by the Office of Human Rights Commissioner, use the paper form. The online form has not been updated yet.
See Who Can Help for who may be able to help you fill out your form.
Respond to a Complaint
Fillable Version (Form 2) – You can type in the form. Be sure to save your changes.
Print Version (Form 2) – You can print the form and fill in out by hand.
Settle a Complaint
Change a Complaint or Complaint Response (Amend)
Amendment Form (Form 3)
Time Limit Applications
- Respond to a Complainant`s request to file a late complaint
Time Limit Response (Form 4)
- Reply to a Time Limit Response
Time Limit Reply (Form 5)
Withdraw a Complaint
Complaint Withdrawal (Form 6)
Apply to the Tribunal
Apply to the Tribunal to ask the Tribunal to make an order about a complaint already filed with the Tribunal. If you want to make a human rights complaint, see File a Complaint.
Complete an application form and send it to the Tribunal’s email or office address
If you are a new participant, also complete a Form 7.3 – New Participant Address for Delivery.
If you are applying for a non-party to give you documents, also complete a Form 7.4 – Order to Produce Documents Form.
Choose the form(s) to complete:
|Form Number||Form Name||When to use the form||Form Type|
|Form 7.1||General Application||Use to apply to the Tribunal about a complaint already filed with the Tribunal.|
|Form 7.2||Dismissal Application||Use to apply to dismiss a complaint.|
Note: You need to request permission first. See Form 7.5.
|Form 7.3||New Participant Address for Delivery||Use to give your address if you are a new participant||Print & Fillable|
|Form 7.4||Order to Produce Documents Form||Use with a Form 7.1 General Application when you apply for a non-party to give you documents||Print & Fillable|
|Form 7.5||Request to File Dismissal Application||Use to request permission to apply to dismiss a complaint.||Print & Fillable|
Obtain an Order for a Witness to Attend Hearing
Order to Attend Hearing (Form 8)
- Complainant lists and shares documents relating to the complaint
Complainant’s Document Disclosure (Form 9.1)
- Respondent lists and shares documents relating to the complaint
Respondent’s Document Disclosure (Form 9.2)
Provide a Witness List
Exchange Information about Remedy
- Complainant gives details of the remedy they seek under section 37
Remedy Sought (Form 9.4)
- Complainant lists and shares documents relating to the remedy
Complainant’s Document Disclosure regarding Remedy (Form 9.5)
- Respondent responds to the details of the remedy the complainant wants
Response to Remedy Sought (Form 9.6)
- Respondent lists and shares documents relating to the remedy
Respondent’s Document Disclosure regarding Remedy (Form 9.7)
How to submit a form
You can submit a form by email, fax, or sending it to the Tribunal’s offices.
If you attach documents to an email, please put them in one PDF attachment.
You can also file complaint forms and application forms online. See above for more information.
When to submit a form
You must submit the form by 4:30 pm on the day it is due.
What to do if you have a problem opening a form
You can use the online complaint forms on a computer or smart phone. The forms do not work with Explorer 8 or “Compatibility view”.
You can open the other forms on a computer. If you have a problem opening a PDF form:
- download the latest version of Adobe Reader to your computer
- follow these instructions to ensure your web browser is using Adobe Reader to open forms.
If you need another option, you can email or phone.
- Phone: (604) 775-2000
- Toll Free: 1-888-440-8844
- TTY: (604) 775-2021