British Columbia Human Rights Tribunal
We deal with human rights complaints in BC
The BC Human Rights Tribunal is responsible for accepting, screening, mediating, and adjudicating human rights complaints.
- November 2023 updateThe Tribunal is pleased to welcome eight new Tribunal Members: Ijeamaka Anika, Jonathan Chapnick, Robin Dean, Andrea Duncan, Theressa Etmanski, Christopher Foy, Andrew Robb, and Laila Said-Alam. The Tribunal has updated its Backlog Strategy regarding the Screening Inventory Project. The Tribunal is continuing its process review and managing delays in its process as a result… Read more: November 2023 update
- Annual report 2022-2023BCHRT’s Annual Report 2022-2023 has been filed with the Clerk of the Legislative Assembly and is now available to the public.
- Tribunal updatesThe Tribunal has updated the Backlog Strategy, Case Path Pilot Project, and Public Hearings.
- Tribunal backlog strategyThe Chair has issued a message about the Tribunal’s backlog strategy.
- Message from the Chair about the Tribunal’s backlog strategyLast updated: December 15, 2023 Background In past three years, the Tribunal experienced a rapid spike in the number of complaints filed. The Tribunal did not have the capacity to address the increased number of complaints. As a result, there is a backlog of cases and growing delays for parties at every stage of the… Read more: Message from the Chair about the Tribunal’s backlog strategy